Halloween 2008
Halloween 2008 brought us Tigger and Piglet for costumes. The girls and I spent their post-nap time finishing dinner and getting ready to go out trick or treating. With a thumb replant in the ER, we told Daddy nite-nite and that we would see him tomorrow over the phone.
Here's my little juice girls. Bee is very efficient at the sippy cup. Sometimes too efficient as in tonight when she got a big slug of juice that resulted in a change of clothes. Ainsley loves to drink at the same time as Bee.
After I put them both in their costumes, they took a moment to check the other one out.
I thought Ainsley would be excited and walk, so I took a single stroller for Beatrix. This plan clearly backfired as I spent much of the time carrying Ainsley and pushing Beatrix in the stroller. Thankfully, we only went up our street!
Here's the neighborhood gang with their costumes on. We had a good mix of costumes. It was not as cold as last year, so you didn't have princesses with sweatsuits underneath this time.
We have designated trick or treat times. We went out for 45 minutes and then we came back to pass out candy. I had to keep Beatrix occupied past her bedtime, so she had some Teddy Graham treats while Ainsley and I manned the door.
Ainsley LOVED this part the best. She kept wanting to hold the basket and tell them Happy Halloween. I put the kibbosh on her passing out candy early on when she would give two handfuls to lucky kids.
On a side note, Halloween is such a crapshoot. Last year I bought waaaayyyy too much candy and had a ton left over. This year, I only answered the door for 45 minutes of the 2 hours and was nearly emptied out! I can't win!
Christine & Sleeping Babies

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home