Sunday, November 09, 2008

Celebration of the Holidays 2008

Last night we attended the 2008 Celebration of the Holidays Party for Luther Midelfort Hospital. I was excited to go it since it was an occasion to get dressed up and a special night out of the house, but I had no idea how much fun I would have at it. It started out with silent auction that we outbid someone else at the last minute for Dancing Lessons! I'm so excited. I really wanted them. Then it was a nice dinner followed by a live auction and then dancing music provided by the UW-Eau Claire's Jazz band. All in all it was a great night out!


Nate and I during dinner. Nate bought a tuxedo for the night.


Here is our neighborhood gang that went last night. There was five couples.


Here is Nate proclaiming his win with Stuart on the gourmet dinner that they make in your own home for you and 3 other couples. Our other neighbors won it last year and we went to it and loved it so we decided to bid on it again. The two guys who ran the auction were quite good at it. They each covered one side of the room and would encourage people on up in the bids. Nate was playing hard ball with the auctioneer and then other bidders, little did he know that the auctioneer would eventually tell him to up the anty and hollar out it the price is what he makes in a half hour. Needless to say it ended up being an expensive night, but lots of fun.

Christine, Nate, Ainsley & Beatrix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home